Women of Color in Tech: A Blueprint for Inspiring and Mentoring the Next Generation of Technology Innovators seeks to help women of color overcome the obstacles that prevent them from pursuing and staying in tech careers. Contrary to popular belief, tech careers are diverse and fun―and they go far beyond just coding. This book will show you that today's tech careers are incredibly dynamic, and you'll learn how your soft skills―communication, public speaking, networking―can help you succeed in tech.This book will guide readers through the process of cultivating strong relationships and building a network that will get you were you want to be. Readers will learn to identify a strong, knowledgeable support network that they can rely on for guidance or mentorship. This step is crucial in getting young women of color into tech careers and keeping them there.
- Build a professional network to get the guidance you need
- Find a mentor who understands personal goals and struggles
- Overcome negativity and stay motivated through difficult times
- Identify and develop the hard and soft skills needed to get ahead in tech
Read this book to help bring to life your vision of a future in tech. With practical advice and inspiring stories, you'll develop the right tools and the right mindset. Whether you're just considering going into tech or you want to take your current career to the next level, Women of Color in Tech will show you how to uncover the resources you need to succeed.
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (April 14, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119633486
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119633488
- Item Weight : 13.5 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.7 x 0.6 x 8.7 inches